Regardless of your age, marital status, or any other factor,
NO one has the legal right to make you have an abortion!
But if you choose to have an abortion, know your legal rights first…
You have the right to…
- Insist that your abortion is performed only by a licensed physician
- Know if this physician’s license has ever been suspended or revoked, or has a history of medical malpractice
- Verify that this physician has malpractice insurance in case you are injured during the procedure
- Insist that if you are injured during your abortion, you will be immediately transferred by ambulance to the nearest ER or trauma center.
Protecting your health & your legal rights is YOUR responsibility…
- Allow anyone to perform an abortion on you before he or she has completely answered all of your questions; or
- Give up your legal rights, by signing any statement saying that you will not hold the clinic or doctor liable if you are injured during the abortion.
*check with your medical provider for a comprehensive list of patient rights in the State of Oregon