Pregnancy can be an unexpected, life changing event. You might feel alone and like you have no options. At PRC we are here to help. You do have options and you are not alone!
Adoption is one of the ways to respond when facing an unplanned pregnancy. It might sound overwhelming at the start, but one of the first things to know about adoption is that so much has changed for the better over the years. Adoption is one of the best ways to give life to your child and give you peace of mind with your decision. It is a safe and healthy choice and truly empowers the birth parent(s) with a lot of control over the process. This could be the best choice for you and your baby.
There are millions of families that are waiting to adopt each year at no cost to the birth family. As you consider adoption there are many factors to process. We believe that you are much more capable of making an informed, healthy and safe choice when you have all the facts and have fully explored everyoption and your own feelings.
We know that adoption is not an easy decision and there are many “stigmas” attached to it. At PRC, we are here to help address some of those concerns and walk this journey with you.
Here are a few UPDATED facts about adoption and what YOUR choices are:
• You can choose the family
• You can choose the agency or organization you work with
• You can choose whether it’s an open or closed adoption and how much ongoing contact you have with the child
• You can choose how things go at the hospital and throughout your pregnancy
• You can choose the timing of your child’s placement
• You can choose plans for your future with the peace of mind that you provided your child with the gift of life
• Family options are endless
• In most instances it is of no cost to the birthparent
Knowing that you play a huge role in the adoption process can help ease your fears and concerns. Things have changed for the better and countless women and birth parents have walked this path and are proud of their choice. Many times adoption can be the best alternative for everyone involved. The most important thing to know is that you are not alone in the process.
Come visit us at one of our centers and receive help, encouragement and resources. We recognize that there is a lot to think about and consider. We would love to sit down with you and go over all of the new facts and information. Although we are not an adoption agency we have many resources that we can connect you with if you are considering adoption.